Sunday, February 1, 2009

Yes, Really.

I spent my day getting reacquainted with myself. It's been a long, long time...
Raise your hand if you've heard "Carry This Picture" by Dashboard Confessional.
How about "Pressing On" by Reliant K?

Well, here's a dose of each. Enjoy!

Carry this picture for luck
Kept in a locket
Tucked in your collar
Close to your chest
Make it a secret
Shown to the closest friends

Meet me at quarter-to-seven
The sun will still shine then
At this time of year
We'll head to the inlet
And we'll share a bottle there

And color the coast with your smile --
It's the most genuine thing
I've ever seen.
I was so lost,
But now I believe.


I think we're going somewhere.
We're onto something good here.
Out of mind, out of state --
Trying to keep my head on straight.

I think we're going somewhere.
We're onto something good here.
There's only one thing left to do:
Drop all I have and go with you.


Somewhere back there, I left my worries all behind.
My problems fell out of the back of my mind.
We're going and I'm never knowing where we're going.
To go back to where I was would just be wrong --
I'm pressing on.

No comments: