Monday, January 26, 2009

Gloria

My sweet Gloria
You saw me growing up
And everyone saw
You were growing on me

We both watched Elizabeth leave
Said goodbye to Michelle and Silvia and Geanine
And you held me all the way through
You were singing my blues

My fingers bled dry
I'd play any guitar just as hard as I had cried
The first night she was gone
But nothing felt right
Unless it was you in my arms

Since that day when I carried you
In through my door
You carried me through more
Than I could ever say
Now I can only say:

My sweet Gloria
I'm not done with this growing up
And I don't think I ever will be
Since you left me a guitarist without a heart

Now that our days are done
And all of your songs have been sung
I pray that you'll remember each kiss;
I'll remember for ages to come...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh no!!! What on earth happened?!??!!?!