Thursday, January 1, 2009

The New Year

So this is the new year
And I don't feel any different...

I wish the world was flat like the old days
Then I could travel just by folding the map
No more airplanes, or speedtrains, or freeways
There'd be no distance that could hold us back

There'd be no distance that could hold us back...

So this is the new year...

One fresh start down; three more to go. (Yes, I had in mind particular people to start over with -- you guessed right. But Liz isn't one of them, so no congratulatory cookie for you. You think I'm that pathetic?) I spent last night at my dad's place (!), playing guitar and mingling and talking and mixing & matching coquito and champagne and chambord.
And I made a resolution that I doubt I can pull off in a year. It has nothing to do with my books. It has nothing to do with romance. It has nothing to do with music. It has nothing to do with habits that I want to kick or start. It's simply another story for another time.

I've been listening to Clair de Lune a lot lately. Don't ask me why, I don't really know. It's just...beautiful. It gets a new sort of train of thought going in my head that no other music can put there. I'm enjoying it. It makes me feel incredibly lonely, and I'm not enjoying that, but as far as aesthetics go I could not be happier.

No comments: