Sunday, April 26, 2009

Bayside's Still Got It!

Since, during my time with the Bayside High School chess team, we did so well at the Project Chess: City Council Cup, Chess in the Schools decided to have their next tournament take place in Bayside.
Thus, the Tony Avella Chess Tournament: date, 4.25.'09.
So my old team competed in their second tournament yesterday.
I'm sorry -- "we" competed in "our" second tournament.
Because Whitestone Academy is affiliated with Bayside High, I'm allowed to participate in all meetings and tournaments and such with my team, and I get to stay captain. What a relief!
So we got to work, and swept the floor, grabbing first place as a team (on a personal note, I matched my previous win-loss record of 3-1)-- now that's two tournaments, two trophies in the case for Bayside!
Look for my team in the next edition of The Bayside Times here.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Congratulations! I'm very proud of you!