Saturday, April 11, 2009

Metamorphosis.

Life has changed a lot for me since the beginning of February -- a lot has happened, a lot of people have come and gone. This fact is just catching up to me now, at six in the morning, having had the past two hours awake to think about it...
1) I finally returned to good terms with Liz -- which wiped clean a year's worth of self-loathing-influenced perspectives;
2) I transferred to Whitestone Academy -- and now, after almost four years of being trapped in the unstimulating Bayside High, I'm acing all of my classes and set for a June diploma, as well as reunited with my old friends Josh and Melissa;
3) I met Kit -- who, from day one, flipped my world on its head, and who is teaching me how good life can be;
4) I turned 18 -- and after years of depending on everyone around me, I'm suddenly shifting into a different mindset and am finally taking a little initiative (for one, I opened a checking account with Chase, and am waiting for a debit card in the mail: job applications come next).

(There are a lot more changes to list, but those will come at a later date.)
On a different note: I went to Graham's last night with Kit, and yet again -- I don't think I wrote about the last instance of this, but my description now should suffice -- a party built up while we were there. People arrived; music got louder; atmosphere got lighter; jokes and stories were exchanged. I had a few of my typical moments, in a good way, and I have now accepted "Sweetness" (by Jimmy Eat World) as my anthem. A playlist I've assembled since then, titled in keeping with a joke I share with my brother, follows:

"Sweetness" - Jimmy Eat World
"We Will Become Silhouettes" - The Shins
"Letters" - Stroke 9
"Best of Me" - The Starting Line
"Straw Dog" - Something Corporate
"As You Sleep" - Something Corporate
"Full Moon" - The Black Ghosts
"Living In Chaos" - The Offspring
"So Far Away" - Staind
"...Slowdance on the Inside" - Taking Back Sunday
"I Woke Up in a Car" - Something Corporate
"The Last Song" - All-American Rejects
"Save Yourself" - Rise Against
"Time" - Hootie & the Blowfish
"Where Is My Mind?" - Pixies
"I Want To Save You" - Something Corporate
"The World You Love" - Jimmy Eat World
"23" - Jimmy Eat World
"All Star" - Smash Mouth
"Mr. Jones" - Counting Crows
"Knights of the Island Counter" - Dave Melilo
"Slow Down" - The Academy Is...
"It's For The Best" - Straylight Run
"The Boys of Summer" - The Ataris
"Starlight" - Muse
"Existentialism on Prom Night" - Straylight Run
"Move Along" - All-American Rejects
"Real World" - Matchbox Twenty
"Grand Theft Autumn/Where Is Your Boy" - Fall Out Boy
"Heaven" - Los Lonely Boys
"Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes" - Fall Out Boy
"Konstantine" - Something Corporate
"Back To You" - John Mayer
"Swing Life Away" - Rise Against
"Into The Night (feat. Chad Kroeger)" - Santana
"Night Drive" - Jimmy Eat World
"Sweetness" - Jimmy Eat World


How has your life been changed recently?

No comments: