Friday, October 17, 2008

"I miss you."

Oh, the power in those words.
As I write this, I'm listening to "Princes and Damsels" by Jake Goodman (yes, I'm still listening to that guy) and talking with my cousin Kate on another 'net tab.
My first words: "hey there."
Hers: "i miss you."
After a few moments of silence, she said, "let's see each other, really soon."
I don't know why. Those words just hit me a bit hard. See, my girlfriend and I have both had it a bit rough in the romance department, and both of us are done with being young and reckless and free-falling (enjoyable as it may be). So despite all the promising beginnings, we're taking it real slow -- treading carefully, so to speak -- not that that's a bad thing. It just...lacks the thrill I'm used to.
I feel like if I was actually able to just sit down and talk with her and hang out away from the class desks more often, then things might get where I feel they could be, but everything's stopping that from happening.
I just wish I could hear Silvia say something like "let's see each other, really soon." I know she would, given the chance. But our increasingly busy lives are conspiring against us.
So here I sit at the computer, with a dead cell phone in my hand. It died as I was leaving Silvia a voice mail. Right before I said the words "I miss you."

No comments: