Saturday, May 31, 2008

Project Chess City Council Cup Champions!


In the four-round Project Chess City Council Cup tournament in Brooklyn today, my school's team brought home the gold! We're putting the cup in the trophy case this coming Monday.

My personal record was 3-1, losing only in the final round, and tying for second place with a few other students (Adrian among them). I lost to the same dude who brought down Adrian in the second round -- who was also the only competitor in the High School section of the tournament to reach a record of 4-0. I guess if you're gonna lose to anybody, you should lose to the best guy in the room, right? Right.

If interested, you can check out the games here!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

And you scoffed when I said I'd be a praying fool for you. HA! Congratulations - I couldn't be prouder of you!!!!