Friday, August 29, 2008

Another Round at Pinocchio's

Finally -- FINALLY! -- I've taken "Dear Michelle"(in its entirety, this time) beyond the confines of my home turf. Dad and Mario had their last show at Pinocchio's just a few hours ago. Once their set was done, Dad gave me the stage; I strummed up and belted out.
It was awesome.
On a vaguely related note: last week after I performed my "Dear Michelle" instrumental, I asked the barmaid at Pinocchio's, Tanya, for a piece of paper and a pen. As paper, she gave me a rather long receipt. So I wrote the beginnings of a song, stuffed the receipt in my pocket, and forgot about it. Only yesterday did I find the incomplete song and finish it. It developed into my last entry ("Better Days") -- though between the barmaid and I, the song will be known as "Tanya's Receipt".

On another related note: the guy who took the stage after I was done, Jake Goodman, is an AMAZING rhythmist. Check out his stuff here.

No comments: