Tuesday, August 26, 2008

With the Internet as My Witness



I've heard way too many times what happens to the average band: they release their first album...it's a hit...they run through the streets and scream when they first hear their hit on the radio...they play their first show...they embark on their first tour...something happens along the line where one of them, who was enough of a jerk already, hits his peak once fame has gone to his head...another one goes off and does his own thing...another one is happy with the money he made, and leaves with it...and finally, you've got the one who was in it for the music all along, and is left in the wake of the band's disassembly, the only one left who wanted to keep going for music's sake.
That's where I come in.

Right here, right now, with the internet as my witness, I will swear that if ever I am among a group of musicians, I will be there -- whether it be on a stage, in a studio, or on a tour bus -- FOR MUSIC'S SAKE. Because music is what I'm all about.


No comments: