Saturday, August 30, 2008

"Parade" by Jake Goodman

Listen to it here. Come back while it plays.

There's something in this picture that's not quite right: I had a few nausea issues after the breakup (to be honest, I think the stress caused them), so my therapist and psychiatrist -- who thought they might have been caused by the meds -- cut all my prescriptions. Understand that I was thanking God for this; those damn pills were hampering my creativity and my drive to create. I was jumping for joy. And the nausea went away. My therapist and psychiatrist saw this as proof that the meds were the problem; I had known that they were a problem all along, but not this problem. The way I see it, the nausea went away because I was no longer hung up on my loss: I was finally able to create, and I took full advantage of the revival.
Lo and behold, the nausea factor has come back with a vengeance. I can barely even look at food this time around. But I'm still creating. Actually, since I got a loop pedal, I've been creating more than ever.
My thoughts have been straying back to that girl.
So don't tell me that there's something wrong with me. And don't tell me that there isn't. Because I know there is.
My brother's asleep right now. If he were awake, I know he'd bring me out of this and find some way to cheer me up. He's cool like that. But he's asleep.
So the poofing and squeaking will continue (inside joke).

No comments: