Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"Knights of the Island Counter" by Dave Melillo

So we sit at this table
With our hands in our laps
And we have a few drinks
And we share a few laughs

But now those days have passed
And they're not coming back
It's a shame
'Cause that's all
That I had

CHORUS
And we'll sing out loud for hours
'Till the morning that we know we can't avoid
These nights are notable and priceless
I swear that every word I say
I mean until my dying day
It's a shame
When I wake I can't recall a thing
It's a shame
When I wake I can't recall a thing

So keep things quiet
'Till the rest of the street falls asleep
Then we'll break out
And show everyone just what we're made of

We're still young
Let's abuse our health
And have a little fun
I'll drink to that
Let's drink to that

CHORUS

I've got some problems
But we've got ten dollars
That's enough to get us wasted before
The night is over
These past five days
I've been completely sober
But tonight I'm getting ripped wide open
[x2]

No comments: