Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Nowadays...

"look at us now" is going pretty well. i've got the guitar laid out, and i'm happy with it; it fits just about right.
i've also starting to think about resuming my latest book, "a feeling like home". it's funny how the idea came to me for it: i was listening to "rainy monday" by shiny toy guns and an image just popped into my head of what i instantly knew would be my ending. i filled in character names, asked "how did they get there?" and next thing you know, i had myself a story.
speak of the devil, the song is on right now. it's an amazing feel-good kind of thing. right now i am infinite.
don't know what that means? ask charlie. he should be able to tell you ("perks of being a wallflower" reference).

and melissa, my sister of non-relation, is amazing. don't ask me how i didn't realize until today. she speaks in a way you only know from the movies; writers have to squeeze this stuff out of their heads, while she manages it coloquially, with no effort at all. i swear, i'm putting her words in my book. i've got consent, and i'm not afraid to use it!
my quote of the day (via melissa): "I think that's all people really are. Just a bunch of things collected from different places and turned into themselves."

we're the intellectuals. nobody gets us, but we're here. other people can only hope to have conversations like ours.
and to think: it all started last year when, from across the room of our english class, she offered to get me out of my house and feed me cookies.

amazing.

No comments: