Monday, March 3, 2008

Walking By

i wrote another song today. my dad tells me that it’s good, because i get down what i’m feeling and it helps alleviate some of the pain. sometimes it gets to be too much, and i start writing, and next thing i know, i have lyrics. it kind of flows for me, i guess.

Walking By

And I don’t know what to do
When I see you walking with somebody new

You want me to live my life
But all I want is you
For a year my life was you

I guess I’ll take my chance
And walk right past
But then I see the smile on your face
And look for places to sit my body down

I can’t hide that I’m dying here
I’m missing you so bad
I remember all the times
All the dreams, and
All we had

You want me to live my life
You tell me to move on
But how can I continue by
Knowing that you’re gone

I don’t know why I’m trapped by memories
Or why I still need you here
But then it all comes back to haunt me —
How I loved you in that year

Such a fear of leaving
So near to pleading
The tears that we shed in each other’s arms

And I know
All I want is you
But now you’re walking by
With somebody new

No comments: