Tuesday, March 18, 2008

When the Lights Go Down

well, i'd say i'm over you
i'm going about my business
but then when i think of you
my god, do i miss it
(but that's just)

when the lights go down
that i remember what we were all about
just living for every moment
and I think "why am i not over this?"

when the lights go down
sometimes i still hear the sound
of your tired breathing in my ear
god, WHAT ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE?!

and i wake up in the morning
all the painful memories are gone
i'm done with my mourning
and i'm playing my happy songs

(but i can't help thinking)
that when the lights go down
i'll always remember what we were all about
just living for every moment
and that's just how i'll get over this

yeah, i've gotta live for the moment
just live for every moment...

when the lights go down
and i've got myself all figured out
then hopefully i'll have you
back here with me

No comments: