Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Brothers' Birthday

me and my bro got our birthdays rolled into one today.
but first, yesterday.
we went down to wannabe beach, where someone with way too much time on their hands had made a meditation circle out of sand (yes, that's right. a meditation circle. look it up. there was one at my brother's wedding. it was awesome.). We walked the circle, talked about what was going on in my life, as well as season 3 of the office, which i have yet to see. then we played video games until it was time for lights out.
and today was the cool part. imagine something cooler than that. jeez.
we (jonathan, gina and i) have a running joke about how my name was once misspelled "amelio", and how i can be referred to as "a melio" as opposed to the plural form, "milii". you have to know this to get it. anyway, we were driving to this place to surprise jonathan (it was basically a huge arcade) and gina passes me back a piece of paper, saying, "hey, emilio, can you read me these directions?"
the note, in sum and substance, said that there would soon be milii. my brother and his wife are naming one of their twin boys after me.
awesome!
it's an honor beyond words.

but yeah, so today -- or, should i say yesterday, since it's past midnight? -- we played at the arcade for about four or five hours, then headed down to this great barbecue place, and afterwards went for ice cream.
then we went back to the apartment and i played with addison for a bit. yup. i'm a proud uncle.

No comments: