Monday, April 7, 2008

"Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me..."

as of 5:something a.m. this morning, i am 17.
it kind of freaks me out that this time next year, i'll be of legal age to be snatched up by the army.
i've been thinking a lot about my future lately because of this.

first of all, when i get out of high school, i'm getting out of this state. i'm going to chicago to move in with my dad. my brother offered to hook me up with a job at UPS, and his wife offered to do research for me into inexpensive colleges with good programs for literature majors. i'll join a writer's workshop for a while, release a novel or two, and then, when i can afford it, go apartment hunting.
who knows; maybe in that writer's workshop i can meet somebody new.

wish me luck. i start buckling in for the ride today.

No comments: